Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In Honor of the Upcoming Holiday….

My mom and dad prepared corned beef and cabbage for dinner to celebrate St Patty’s Day (early since they leave Friday and we are going out to eat tomorrow).  Mmmmm it was delicious!

pic1I took tonight off from running or working out because my legs were tired.  But I did take the dogs on a 2 mile walk with my dad.  Its always a good idea to take a rest day if you are feeling tired or sore.

Also in honor of St Patty’s Day, my mom taught me how to make Brownie Pops (don’t ask me how these are related, I just decided that eating balls of gooey brownies dipped in candy is a good way to honor St. Patrick).  I’ll do a quick tutorial because it was flippin’ easy. 

1) Make a pan of brownies.  2) Crumble entire pan of brownies into a bowl.  3) Mix 3/4 a can of chocolate frosting with the crumbled brownies.  4) Roll brownie and frosting mixture into balls.

pic2

5) Mix half a bag of candy wafers (we chose dark chocolate and mint) with a tablespoon of Crisco. 6) Melt candy wafers in microwave (about 30 seconds). 7) Dip sticks in melted candy and stick into balls (this is so the balls are easy to eat). 8) Put in refrigerator for approx. 15 minutes to harden a bit.  

pic3

9) Dip brownie balls into melted candy. 10) Get creative if you want and put other flavors on it (I was very bad at this, mine got really ugly looking). 11) Stick into something (like Styrofoam) to harden/dry standing up (they harden/dry faster if you put them in the refrigerator). 12) Eat all of them, get a tummy ache, and celebrate St. Patty’s day by eating Brownie Pops instead of chugging beer (I will save the beer for the actual St. Patty’s Day).

pic4

So easy and so yummy.  Thanks Mom for helping me make these Brownie Pops of delicious goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment