Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Order has been Restored

Usually it takes me forever to get organized after a move.  This time, Jeff and I were determined to get completely settled as quickly as possible.  I am happy to report that order has been restored in our lives..... and it feels GREAT!

We are renting a house that has 2 bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs and a finished basement with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom.  We have plenty of space for all of our stuff and have had fun deciding how to make this rental house a home.  I think we have done very well with decorating considering we only had to buy a few extra things; for the most part, everything you see is what we had.  Before we moved we sold a few pieces of furniture on Craigslist and we were able to keep our purchases within the budget of what we made off those sales.

The entry leads straight into the living room.  We put up a hook rack behind the front door and decided to hang our marathon medals from it.  I really like how it turned out and it acts as motivation every time we head out for a run.


















The living room is a really big space and thank goodness it is because we have a sectional couch.  Luckily it fits well and I like how it turned out.  We scored on our TV console; it is a 1970's WORKING stereo cabinet with speakers.  ONLY $40!  It actually has a great sound and we can't wait to figure out how to hook it up to our TV and rig it so we can play our iPod from it.













Our dining room is pretty basic.  We sold our previous dining room chairs and picked up the "new" ones from a retro consignment shop for $20 each.  A little more than I wanted to spend, but they match well with the table I got from my Grandma.  The table and chairs need to be refinished and I plan on doing that in the next few weeks.  I also will have to recover the chairs.














Our "master bedroom" is pretty small so we kept it very simple. My next project for this room will be to make an upholstered headboard.











The finished basement also turned out well.  We have a "family room" and our "bar" down here and it is really cozy and comfortable.  We were going to get another couch, but my huge circle chair fits well and looks good.  Yay for not spending any money!  We put the guest bedroom down here and I think it will be nice for guests to have their own space.





















We used the second bedroom upstairs as our home office and got a L-shaped desk from Ikea.  It still needs to be organized and looks cluttered, so I did not include a photo.

I'm sure I have completely bored most people reading this, but the mothers wanted to see pictures of our progress (enjoy Moms!).

No comments:

Post a Comment