Monday, February 20, 2012

The Cake Maker

I have been meaning to do a post about the amazing construction cake my mom made for my nephew's birthday.  My mom is quite the cake maker!
The cake is made entirely out of cake or various types of candy (there are Twix, Twinkies, licorice, dots and a bunch of other cavity causing treats in there!).  Also, those little yellow things around the cake are construction hard hard cake pops.  Seriously, how awesome is this cake?!?

My mom called it an excavator cake.  The three-year-old promptly informed her, "Oh Grandma, that is not an excavator, that is a backhoe."  This little guy is quite the smarty pants and a child after my own heart.  I can't get enough of this kid and can't wait to see him again!  Mark, will you put him on the next plane to Denver?  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment