Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Thirstday!

In honor of thirsty-ness, it is Thirstday, the day in which I drink some wine and tell you what I think.

Canyon Oaks, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
$4.99 (liquor store), Cork, California

The back of the bottle says:
"The Canyon Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon offers fresh fruit aromas of cassis, mint and chocolate.  Dense flavors of black fruit and blueberry  explode on the palate.  Supple tannins lead to a long, smooth, lingering finish."

Who the heck writes the back of wine bottles?  Seriously, where do they come up with this stuff??  There are a lot of sexual innuendos in this one and I feel a little uncomfortable reading it.  I mean, there is explode, supple, long, smooth, and finish all in one place.  I don't like it one bit.  

And I did not really like the taste of this wine either.  I definitely did not taste any blueberries, mint or chocolate.  All I tasted was a cheap wine that reminded me of what I drank when Jeff's frat threw their monthly Wine Night to get the girls all liquored up on cheap wine.  

I don't recommend this wine unless you are 20 and attending a wine social at your local college's fraternity.  I guess I got what i paid for this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment