Monday, February 13, 2012

Dear CenturyLink......

Dear CenturyLink Salespeople,

I understand that you don't care about your job and you are there to just answer phones and collect your paycheck, BUT, you should probably learn the simple basics of phone lines, cable, and internet to at least be able to set up an account.  I'm not even a techie person, but I at least understand basics......

First of all, CenturyLink does NOT provide wireless internet.  Wireless providers like Sprint, AT&T and Verizon provide wireless internet for cell phones and iPads and other such 3G or 4G devices.  What you provide, CenturyLink, is DSL internet through PHONE LINES.

When I tell you that I don't have a phone line, this means that you need to set up the installation of a phone line to be able to connect the internet to the modem.  Do NOT argue with me and tell me that all I need is a CenturyLink modem/router.  The modem/router does not magically shoot out the internet in the form of rainbows, unicorns, and happy hobbits who dance around giving out wireless internet. I wish that it did, but sadly, it doesn't.

And when I call you to set up an installation time for a phone line, because you did not do YOUR job correctly the first two times... DO NOT REFER ME TO A PHONE NUMBER FOR A DATING HOTLINE.  That was rude.  I'm sure you think you are clever and funny CenturyLink Salesperson by the name of Michael, but this little stunt will catch up with you.  After speaking with your manager, have fun looking for new work.

Sincerely,
A person who still does not have internet after 2 weeks*

*This is why I have been unable to post to my blog*

No comments:

Post a Comment