Thursday, January 19, 2012

To Eat Like a Samoan, We Must Run Like a Kenyan

Jeff and I arrived in Honolulu Wednesday night just before midnight and went straight to our hotel in Waikiki:
Its a small "boutique hotel" and is modern, clean, and affordable.  Its about 1/2 a block to the beach and close to the action.

We woke up early Thursday and decided in order to properly enjoy our stay in Hawaii we must first get in a run to be in caloric deficit to eat all the Hawaiian fare.

The views were horrible.
Especially when Jeff gets in my shot.
(I deleted the photos that I was in because I truly did ruin the view)

We got back and ate some very healthy food.  I don't understand why Samoan men are so large, I mean the food is fat free and small portions.  Strange.

Then it was to the nearest sports bar because, god forbid, we would go 1 day without watching one form of St Louis sports.  The Blues won, I think.  We met some hilarious locals who gave us advise on where to go and what to do during our stay.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment