Sunday, January 29, 2012

Carson City and Lake Tahoe

Yesterday we explored the Carson City and Lake Tahoe area.  We started the day off with an easy 3 mile run at Washoe Lake State Park which is just east of Lake Tahoe and north of Carson City.
I was really excited about the run.

We then checked out Carson City and got a post run beer at the High Sierra Brewery.  Decent brews.

Then we drove over to Lake Tahoe and up the eastern side of the lake.  It is gorgeous up there.  We got in a good sunset.  I tricked Jeff into taking a romantic photo.  I put the camera on the self timer and told him to stand there and then I ran up and grabbed his hand.  He was so embarrassed.

Then I continued to embarrass him by making him jump at the precise moment for the self timer to capture us jumping in front of the nice sunset.  We got it on the third try and each time we would sprint up giggling to look at the photos.  Luckily nobody was around to witness our childish behavior.  Here is the runner up to our favorite sunset jump photo in the previous post.  
I had to teach Jeff how to do the best jump pose.  He kept doing strange scissor kicks or would just jump awkwardly upward in a boring fashion.  He is now a jump photo professional and can get much higher than I can.

By the way, I woke up this morning and my back and shoulders were sore.  It was from all that jumping and flinging my arms upward to get the most air.  Needless to say, there will not be any more jump photos until I recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment