Saturday, January 5, 2013

Closing out 2012

(I know this is a few days late…but oh well, its not like anyone really cares...)

Jeff and I were able to spend time with the family for Christmas, once again driving to KC and STL so we could see each of our families (and our newest member of the family, Bethany who was born a week before Christmas!).

It was a quick and busy Christmas, so busy that I wasn’t even able to get any pictures.  I can’t always be the annoying event photog, maybe next time.

We got back from STL/KC and immediately transitioned into New Years festivities.  Our friends from Chicago were in town so we took them up to the mountains, went to our first Broncos game, and hit up several eateries and breweries (big surprise).

skiing Saturday was in the mountains…. Sunday was for football.

We had perfect weather for the Broncos game and had an absolute blast.

Broncos1 We cheered loudly to watch PFM (Payton Effing Manning) lead the Broncos to a win over the Chiefs.  And yes, I was wearing Broncos apparel even though I am from KC…. the Chiefs are just so terrible I have never really been a fan.  Might as well cheer for a team that wins.  Though Susan wore her red proudly and cheered for the Chiefs even when they were playing quite pathetically.

 Broncos2

Broncos3Our seats were in the very last row.  But that didn’t stop Jeff and Nate busting out some sweet dance moves.

We then rang in 2013 the next day at Prost Brewery.  It was a low key night, but so much fun!  I guess we are getting old because playing Scrabble and Yahtzee at the bar made our night.

Prost

2012 definitely has been a great year and I can’t wait for what is in store for 2013!!!!!!

(Although I enjoyed my time off from seriously running during December, I am ready to get back into training.  AND I will have more of a reason to run since Jeff and I were selected to be a part of a local running team!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment