Friday, August 24, 2012

Seeeeaaaatttttlllllle…

…Sooouuuunnnndddeeeerrrs! 

sounders

Last Saturday (yes, I know this is late but I have been busy!) I met up with some friends for the Sounders game.  The Sounders beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 2-0 in front of a packed house (I think 55,000+ in attendance).  Seattle fans are some of the best soccer fans in the US.  Not all of the Seattle fans know the art of soccer or even the rules, but what they lack in soccer knowledge, they make up in enthusiasm and I respect it.  Seattle Sounders games are always a blast, especially with my Seattle friends.

After the game, a very gracious friend Jed (one of my co-rec soccer buddies) invited Jessica, Steffanie and I to go on a boat ride.  So we cruised Lake Union and enjoyed some cold Bad Larrys (that is what Jed called Bud Lights).

boat ride Its good to have friends with boats, especially one as awesome as Jed.  I miss my Seattle friends, especially friends like the guys from Chico Bail Bonds (the name of the co-rec team).  The boat ride also made me miss Seattle and all the water that surrounds it!

Post boat ride the girls and one of the guys, Brad, headed to Lower Queen Anne where my hotel was.  We ate a delicious meal at Pecos and enjoyed some margaritas.  Yuuummmmm!

IMG_20120818_214155_910After dinner, Jessica, Steffanie and I had a few more drinks and snacks at the hotel (The Marqueen) bar.  Then we had a slumber party and fell asleep giggling and gossiping like pre-teens.  Nothing like a girls night out!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am currently in Portland, Oregon getting ready to depart on my Hood to Coast Adventure.  I will have plenty of posts about Hood to Coast and everything that goes into 200 mile relay (I am learning SO much!). 

Byyyeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment